July 13, 2011

Hair wise...

my hair is too long nowadays!! too long to tie in a ponytail (yes thats possible, when you tie your hair and the "tail" is just long and never ending, it looks awkward), too long to let loose. too weird to style. i dont know what to do with them anymore. I need to keep them long for my wedding. i always end up pulling them up in a ponytail and braid them. makes me look like an ajumma trying to stay young. T___T"

anyways, that pic up there was taken not too (too) long ago. me & Longie had to attend a wedding so i took that opportunity to try out a hairstyle i would want for my own wedding. it's tied half way, the top is pulled into a slight puff and the rest of the hair is lightly curled. my mom said this style suits me. i don't know yet, i'll try a few before i decide on the final look. what do you guys think?

Longie & me at the wedding



anyhoooo....here's a sneak peek of that hairstyle with my veil =D


BONUS:
since we're having chinese food for the reception, and the dishes will be placed on a lazy susan, i thought i had to cancel the idea of having a centerpiece. thinking about it twice, it looks much better with something in the middle. i went to the florist who did my friend, Aly's wedding and explained the situation to her. she said i can still have something, it just needs to be short so the guests can still see and interact with the person sitting opposite of them and small so the dishes could be displayed around it. i had originally planned to use peonies as my main flower, but unfortunately, they're off season in september. and even if the budget allowed, flying them in from Holland would be a waste as they will be tiny. Helen, my florist proposed a few different flowers and together, we tried to see which looked closest to the beautiful peony. i ended up choosing the esperanza rose, with lovely shades of ivory and pinkish tones at the tip of the petals. She will have to open them one by one for it to look similar-ish to my original pick. a few days later, i came back to see her as she let me know she prepared a sample for me. the centerpiece consisted of a square vase as base, with 2 esperanza roses in the middle of a cloud of hydrangeas. the piece was finished with pearls here and there and a pink organza bow. i was very happy with the result...so i guess the centerpiece up there is the one we're going to have at the reception!

2 comments:

ShinyPrettyThings said...

i bettah be 1st...aju i kennot believe you didn't spazz about sheetee huntuh w me tonight T_T

but u blogged, so i semi-forgive hehe i love your hair like that!!! but it would look really pretty if the curls were pushed to one side like that pic w u in the car. mb like a side ponytail somehow. your hair holds curls so well!

you're prob having durtee dreams abt Tabi right now...night!
♥maknae

bubbleness said...

The hair and the veil and you all look lovely together!

And I love the hydrangeas used for your centerpieces! And the esperanza rose looks really similar to the peony. I'm so excited for you!!! (I love weddings, lol)