March 21, 2011

Retail Therapy

not that long ago, someone broke into my fiance's car while it was parked inside his tempo and the only thing that person stole was his specs. that incident reminded us that our 2 years were up and we needed to get our eyes checked and get new glasses. it's so weird, it totally didn't feel that long. i wasn't really ready to part with my old glasses yet. =[

took an appointment and i got my eyes checked. she said my prescription didn't change much and i could keep my old glasses if i wanted or get new ones. well, i decided to buy a new pair that is more conservative, that way, i could wear it more casually than my crystallized Prada ones. it's not like the other ones will be thrown away, the eye doc precisely said the prescription is still good and they still have effect on my eyes. after a week of wait of the new collection to drop in store, i finally picked these simple Jimmy Choo. they were my first choice among 2 other Tom Ford.
the simplest looking glasses i ever bought.

side view
front view [kind of]
*off topic but, don't buy this Juicy iphone case, dropped it once and it cracked*
not worth the money.

so the frames up there are not really considered like shopping, right? it's something i need so i shouldn't feel guilty for buying them...but the rest of this entry is quite questionable. i clearly stated that i am on an unending shopping ban, yet i still manage to buy this and that when the urge is too strong...


BEFORE vacay buys:
before going on vacation, i tweeted about how i wanted to buy BB Cream in montreal and some have shown me a store carrying some korean makeup!! hurrayyy thank you ladies for the hook-up. i went to the store almost instantly and did a mini haul =] i bought Skin79 & Missha BB Creams, eyelid glue (my desperate need to make my double eyelids permanent) and a dark circle eraser. the SA was confused when i bought the eye bags cream because she said i didn't need it because i dont have any dark circles..i politely replied: "i use an amazing concealer =]" and she laughed. lol yes i like to make people laugh. so i still bought the product anyways. honestly, i tried it...it feels amazing on but i'm not sure if it does anything good for me. since i don't use it everyday, i dont really notice a difference on my dark circles...i should try to use it consistently and note the progress or something. anyways..moving along
i bought these masks for who knows what reason. i still have 2 years worth of MBD masks at home, waiting for me to use them. these are priced at 1.99$ each i believe, so they're around the same price as MBD. i did not try them out yet..will let you guys know once i do. =]
freebies she gave me.

my lil sis texted me at work that day telling me she bought something for me but she wouldn't reveal what she bought. i came home all excited, so eager to find out. i was so happy when i saw what she got me..a red hot TR bikini set!! =D yay!!! i remember she bought herself a set last summer and i liked it so much but totally tripped when i heard the price. i love TR and all...and i think they make amazing jeans and shorts..but omg the (CAD) price was insane for a bikini. so i was extremely happy when i saw this! thank you thank you little one! i dont know why you spoil me so much lately...but i dont KAEEEE!
my Poudre Universelle was half-way finished so i rushed to The Bay to get a new one..yknow in case i was gonna finish it while on vacation. i didn't wanna take the risk to not be able to find my usual product in vn. went in with one thing in mind but left with 3 instead. wth? they have such good SAs that push me to buy and you know me...i gave in and bought a new Glossimer and the Ombres Perlees from the SP2011 collection. yummers! i'm really not a lipgloss kind of girl, but Chanel Glossimers are very addictive! the colors are gorge and the texture is super glossy but without being sticky! MQ approved! ;)
as with all chanel makeup...the palette is gorgeous.
(i'm scared of using it though..since i'm pretty much accustomed to use only browns)


Vacay buys:
i didn't do much damage, i only spent money on this, i promise! ViVi, CanCam and JJ magazines were bought at Hong Kong airport. i did a mini haul at the Face Shop (at Parkson) and my fave, ETUDE HOUSE!! omgosh i can't stress enough on how much i love that store. everything is just so cute and girlie and i just wanna buy everything. but see? i was a good girl and refrained from doing =] yay me! besides the products, the store itself was completely adorable. from the outside, it looked like a dollhouse.
closeup of my Etude House purchases! 2 BB Creams, lip tints, masks and eyeshadow palette. the set of lip/perfume thingie in the middle, i got for free! i had bought for more than 1 000 000 VND (equivalent to around 46$CAD) so the SA let me choose between a Lee Min Ho notebook or this..i would've gotten the notebook if his face was plastered on every page..but alas, he was only see on the cover. i picked this lip/perfume set instead. it has a lip treatment, a gloss and a mini perfume spray. adorbs!
i was walking through Parkson(big department store) and passed by The Face Shop counter so i decided to buy the White Mud Nose Pack. i wanted to stock a few but they only had 1 tube left. i looked around and these masks looked interesting so i bought them as well. i think i have a thing for masks now..always wanna try some new ones!
on the last few days of my trip, me & Longie were looking for souvenirs to bring back to our co-workers. when you think of VN and souvenirs, you pretty much have no choice but to go to Ben Thanh Market. i know its tourist trap and everything is overpriced there, but honestly...it's the best place for anything authentic vietnamese (looking) gifts. i had bought 2 sets of polished wooden chopsticks and these 2 compact mirrors for my 2 fave co-workers. these mirrors are so cute and beautifully crafted in dark woork. problem was, when i got here and opened my luggage, i found 1 of these to be cracking on the back. i guess the change in temperature and humidity do really affect the wood. that's what i heard and i never thought twice about until it happened to me. it's a good thing that i can't give these away though, because my mom told me it's not good to give mirrors as a present. brings bad luck she said.
the buying of this shoulder strap was never in my to-do list..like ever. i thought it was ridiculous to pay such a price for something so boring and it didn't look like it would be useful. when we were at the boutique for Longie's sunglasses, i saw an SA hanging this strap on a Trevi and it looked really good. i asked the SA, who was doing our wrapping, if she could get me a strap because i wanted to try it on my bag. i did and it looked good, felt like i was carrying a different bag..i could also use this on my Speedy (as seen in the movie Mr. Honesty, CC Cheung was carrying her mono speedy with a shoulder strap as well). seeing that i was getting excited over the strap, my fiance offered to get it for me =D while he was paying, he told me i could use this at the airport, looks much more comfortable than the short shoulder strap on my bag. listened to his advice, the day we came back, i used it for the airport and all, much easier to deal with than the regular strap. =]


AFTER vacay presents:
i think i was really missed when i was away. my mother and sister would call every other day and i heard the little sis even cried like a baby the day i left. =O
when i got back, my mother bought me these heart shaped diamond earrings. i like them a lot. they're tiny and simple.. here's what it looks like when i have 'em on:
*please excuse my messy hair*

i also came back to a BUNCH of new nail lacquers (from lil sis). she chose a few from OPI Burlesque, a few from Shrek, a few from the new Texas collection and also a bunch of Color Clubs =D i was extremely happy when i saw these waiting for me! can't wait to swatch them..



2 weeks after coming back from vacation, we decided to go take a stroll downtown with no intention to shop. As a big fan of Zara (great style and amazing prices) i always make sure to drop in and check what they have. I didn't see anything that really set my heart on fire until i laid my eyes on this cute pair of sandals. There was only one pair left on the shelf and it was a size 36, perfect! Is this what you call destiny? Anyways, i tried them on, TOO CUTE (gingham and polka dots, my weaknesses)!!! I knew i wasn't supposed to shop because we had just came back from a big trip, but this was too adorable to skip. Checked for tags, no tags, checked the sole for a sticker, nothing. I had to bring them to the cash to inquire about the price. I was sure it shouldn't be that expensive since if was from the junior TRF line, but still, i wanted to know how much they cost exactly. The cashier typed the code and told me and i was just blown away for a minute. lol 9.99$ D= is this real life? i thanked her with a huge smile and flew back to fiance like a lunatic. Told him the price and he was like: "9.99$ or 99$? You sure? Let's go pay for them before she changes her mind.." lol So that's the story behind these lovely sandals. =D i can't wait to wear them out!!
That same day, we dropped by a designer discount boutique and lookie what i found! A totally adorable D&G butterfly print chiffon dress =D it was such a good deal so fiance decided to get it for me as a Valentine's day gift. (we weren't supposed to get each other anything)
thank you for reading and see ya next time, lovers!
xox

20 comments:

LittoMokaa said...

OMGG!! This is a super mega haul!! Makes me want to shop XD You're so lucky to have a lil sis that spoils you! :)

Swe3tGirl said...

Yay! You're back! I love all your purchases-especially your eyeglasses. Your mother is so sweet, she bought you beautiful earrings =)

LL said...

Was the Asian beauty store the one near College Lasalle? I just discovered that place!

KohLepe said...

Queenie!! I miss you! That's a lot of stuff. Love it =)
How was vacay?
I have the same Chanel palette and same, I don't know if I can use them. LOL. And now you just give me the idea of buying the shoulder strap for my speedy too! Can you post some pics so I can see what it looks like?
xoxo

Melody said...

WOW....

Thanks for sharing.

btw, love the D&G dress...:)

Mel

www.melodyinwonderland.com

Lisa said...

wowowowowow love your mega haul!! everything looks amazing..i especially love your new D&G butterfly dress so pretty and those adorable heart shaped diamond earrings too cute!

KL said...

omg, that d&G dress is gorgeous. Can I know the name of the boutique, so I can stop by it when I have time?

Btw, i love everything you bought, too bad i'm trying to save up. You're making me want to buy stuff. >.<

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE the Jimmy Choo!
If you don't mind, whats the description number/name? Maybe I can find it somewhere in Toronto. I need something simple and classy.

Thank you! :)

~Lisa said...

Super amazing haul!! So what 'amazing' concealer do you use? ^^ I have terrible dark circles. LMK how this product works on you!

Ahh, so jealous of your haul. Seriously, I wish I had the time and money to travel and go shopping!!

Your fiance is so sweet to buy you so many gifts! Those sandals are adorable!!! And wow, such an amazing price!!

xPockiex said...

That chiffon dress is so cute!

Anonymous said...

You are so pretty, which concealer do you use?

♡Yumeko said...

Awww,Thanks for sharing! this haul is super BIG!^___^*<3 The glasses are really cute and you look so pretty!*_*<3 OMG I LOVE everything you bought!!!:D

Your blog looks so interesting and pretty, I'm your new follower!^__^* And have a lovely day,sweetie!<3<3<3

mochamacaron said...

glad to see you blogging again :), i was also wondering which concealer you have.. it sounds like a good one haha

bubbleness said...

Love your vacation pics! And it does remind me of avatar! LOL.

Also, very cool glasses, they are very simple, but yet makes a pretty loud statement because it looks so unique.

I always love your fashion finds! That D&G dress if gorgeous!

vivien said...

Yay two posts in a week! ^_^

I love your glasses! They're the exact style that I've been looking for, I may just have to steal them from you ;D

My coworker had that same issue with the Juicy Couture case. She had it for like 2 weeks and the plastic part next to the volume buttons broke off. Poor quality *thumbs down >.<

absolutely lovee your haul, I still need to find a way to get my hands on the Body shop pore pack!

xx

Squeeze the Pug said...

WOW, what an awesome range of shopping loot. So many lovely items.
You have very pretty eyes by the way...

Anonymous said...

so jealous of your korean makeup and etude house haul! i love etude house but it's so marked up here >_<

i wouldn't use the eyelid glue unless it was a special occasion. the glue will not help train your eyelids into double eyelids. with prolonged use, the glue will eventually ruin your eyelids, making them wrinkly, saggy or even asymmetrical.

eyelid tape, on the other hand, can create double eyelids if your eyelids are thin enough

Anonymous said...

I'm curious, what concealer do you use? I'm looking for a good concealer for dark circles / eyebags T_T

Anonymous said...

Hi Queenie.
I dont no if you've answered but can you tell me what the model of your glasses are? THANK YOU! Bisous!

Anonymous said...

Hi! After reading this I bought a skin79 bb cream and I love it!!! ^^

If anyone is looking for where to get it in Montreal, I bought it at the Asian-Ize Boutique at http://www.wix.com/asianizeboutique/montreal.