September 29, 2010

Speedy Getaway

hey guys!!! it feels like its been centuries since my last entry. i know my blog updates are slow nowadays, i can barely keep up with my Project 365. i never get the chance to post as i promised, sorry. anyways, here's a quite lengthy post to make up for lost time. =) dont stop loving me, k?

anyways, for those of you who follow my Twitter probably already know i was in Toronto last weekend. it was the most ridiculously short getaway i've ever been on. Prince's aunts from Vietnam are here for a couple of weeks, so his parents decided to bring them to TO for a weekend. we left saturday at 3am and went directly to Niagara Falls. spent the day walking around, it hasn't changed that much since last time we came. the falls are still very pretty just as i remembered. here are a few pix we took there:
tired from the trip, but still smiley as always =)
poor boo, he drove while everyone else was sleeping, including me! T_T"
tired face and sleepy eyes...sitting in a car for a few hours doesn't do anything good for you.
and please excuse the lame outfit, i really needed to be comfy in the car and sweatpants was the best option! its the WF "bite me" pair, everyone was looking at my ass laughing lol.



after Niagara Falls, we dropped them in Chinatown for them to do whatever business they had to do. in the meantime, me & boo walked around Eaton Center while waiting for them. Every time i go to TO, i feel the rush to get myself some A&F, its always good as lounge/airport wear. practical to have extra sweat pants and hoodies, no? later, we went back to the hotel to do the check-in (Hilton Markham as usual). that night, we went to Keung's to have dinner. it was ok, nothing too spectacular, but my in-laws seems to really like it because the next morning, we went there for "breakfast" as well. i would've been more happy if we ate somewhere else, but i'm not the party pooper type so..yeah. =]

these are the goodies i bought on Sunday, i told you i'd be prancing around Pmall like a delusional and i did. =D didn't buy as much as i thought. the main reason i like going there is because i can stock up on my BB Creams..this time, the beauty store was closed!! it was so annoying because we saw lights through the front, came back twice but it was still closed. so frustrating! anyways, i bought some other goodies to cheer myself up. =]

all sorts of cute asian junk! =D
this one was the cutest!! he's a speaker =] can be used with laptop or cellphone, ipad or whatever thing that plays music and has the same jack. so adorable and look at the price! such a bargain!! =D
kawaiiii


i actually wanted to buy the tiger one, but they only had a few left and it was all cats or bears. its still cute no?


here's what i got from A&F:
Cass Hoodie in heather grey
Perfect Butt Banded sweats in Dark and Light heather grey
funny how i bought the hoodie in size Medium for it to be comfy, but these sweatpants are both size XS and fit me like a glove. *puzzled*

new tights from Club Monaco..fishnet and swiss dots =] so cute!!
and that concludes my buys from last weekend.



Since we're on the shopping topic, here are a few note worthy things i recently got:
adorable Angel & Devil silicone skins for the little sister. bought them at Chapters in case you were wondering.

cutie khaki wool cardigan my boyfriend got me from Zara. so cozy and comfy. can't wait for it to be a little more chilly outside so i can wear this. Military style is in and since i dont think i can pull it off, maybe wearing the color would be sufficient.

my FAVORITE recent beauty discovery!!!

i was running out of Two Faced pressed powder and there's no Sephora downtown and since i was already at Holts, i decided to pop up at the Chanel beaute counter. asked them a good pressed powder that reduces excess sebum and not too heavy on coverage. she recommended this, i bought it without hesitation and i couldn't be more happy. its the most awesome powder i have ever used!!! lasts a lot longer than Two Faced version. well worth the money. even though it is more than double the price, its ok because i apply a lot less than the other one. the Two Faced powder needed more touch ups throughout the day compared to this one. =D Queenie is happy! (how much u wanna bet that some of you will probably be RUNNING to the Chanel counter to get yourselves this miracle in a compact? or some might even insist on their friends to make sure they get 2 or 3 for their upcoming bday...if yknow what i mean *cough cough* Nars Orgasm *cough* lol)
it gives me a dewy non cakey finish like thisss ;)


finally got the chance to try out the White Mud Nose Pack YF brought back for me from Taiwan!! it really work...gets all sort of gunk out of your face you didn't even know existed. lol i totally forgot to take an "after" pic and a pic of the nasty thing off. but it does work SUPER well. i promise!! these are the only pix i took:

very sticky and gooey, just like glue when you touch the substance.
eek my large pores and freckles, i didn't mean to scare you! haha



ok picture BONUS time:
hello =]
played around with different filters in PS and thought this looked interesting.


ok, TA TAaaa lovers
xox

Queenie

3 comments:

PetiteL said...

First comment!
You've offically put me back onto wanting the Chanel Poudre Universelle compact! I've been eyeing this one off since April. It's freaking gorgeous! I was intending to get a MAC one next week because the Chanel is $88AU! But now...I just want it even more than the MAC. I have a question about it though, does it hold your foundation in place? I notice my concealer doesn't stay in place. -____- and I'm just hoping it will keep it in place!

BB! TIA!

bubbleness said...

You are your finance are so cute!And those sweats looks so comfy! But alas, no A&F in Vancouver :(

Annnnddddd....I'm so going to be running to the Chanel counter now! It looks so good on you!

I'm sad that the Face Shop in Vancouver closed down because now I want to try that Mud Nose Pack!

Hong said...

omgosh you look cute as always :) This is the first time i comment though! The Chanel powder looks quite interesting i might go get one myself. However i was curious about what you have been saying :S i don't really get it. Does it aim anyone in particular? Just wondering... because i want it so bad but then i am confused by your saying. Have a nice day ^^