May 19, 2010

The Proposal

for the very curious ones out there, here is how the magic happened:
since it was planned out that my schedule would change due to my mother's surgery, last saturday was pretty much our last day to go out and have a good time. for the first time in his life, my bf has made a restaurant reservation on his own. he never did it before so i asked him what the special occasion was and he answered that because he knows i wont have time to chill for some time, so he wanted us to eat well and have fun before the too-much-work-makes-me-suicidal time starts.

he originally made a reservation for 2, but TD & Maya decided to join us last minute. no prob, the reservation was changed to a table for 4 in no time. we ate at Tour de Ville again, the theme was France. =] reminds me of my 2007 birthday which was of the same theme. the dishes changed, but some were of the same idea than back then.
i just realized Prince sometimes really sucks at smiling. haha
TD & his "OH DADDY" face...lol
Maya & Queenie
my entrees! yumminess MAX
my main course!! yumm x 1 000 000
while i was eating my dish, i looked at my bf and he smiled at me in such a childish way...as if he was about to do something bad like a prank or something. i laughed it off and asked him what his smile was for and he pointed at the bread basket in the middle of the table. i followed the direction of his finger wondering what he wanted to show me. without realizing it, my gaze stopped abruptly on a small polished wooden box hidden behind the piece of cloth coming from the basket. i glanced quickly at him, he still had his mischievous grin on...i realized what he was up to and let out a muffled squeal. he pushed the box towards me and let me open it on my own. once the lid was off, the box revealed the most beautiful diamond ring shining so brightly against the crisp white interior. i looked at my bf with excitement waiting for him to say something. he suddenly let out a question that sounded so endearing and charming i thought i was going to faint: "Est-ce que tu veux devenir ma fiancee?" [rough translation: "Would you like to become my fiancee?"] a sentence so childish, yet deadly. lol you can probably guess my answer. haha
moon crescent eyes! ^^
here, we see teeth, meaning we no see eyes lol
love this picture so much..
i am clearly happy!
i look all serious and stuff..
but there are like a million butterflies flying around in my stomach
suddenly, everything in life just seems more beautiful
my desserts that night...didn't even finish half of it
newly engaged couple! loveee
my rock

i hope i didn't bore you all with the long text!
lets end the post smoothly:
xox

36 comments:

...SimMiChikO said...

thanks for sharing, queenie! SUPER SWEET! gorgeous everything! <3

A Little Piece of Hope said...

Congratulations on the engagement again! ^^ The whole entry was so sweet... I couldn't help but smile while reading it! I truly feel happy for you.

I wish you and your fiance the best! :)

brutalturtle.blogspot.com said...

T_T the Queen is finally tying the knot *bawls in a corner*.


sniff. well done my boy long, well done.

bebe said...

superr cutee!! haha.. xD

sunniipinky said...

Congratulations again, Queenie! Your post made me smile in front of my computer. & I love that picture of you flashing your ring and all we can see is your gigantic smile! So cute~ :D

Jessie said...

Congratulations!!!!

I've been quite a long reader of your lovely blog ^_^ and this is my first ever time commenting...reading this post just makes me excited myself LOL so beautiful!! Im so jealous ;)

Wishing you a blissful and beautiful life with your hubby =D

saturn said...

I think your smile tells everything. The ring is beautiful. Congratulations ^__^

hannahhloves said...

squealllllllllllllllll* thanks for sharing this with us! (nosy people like me) haha congratulations and i wish the best for you and long!

kiki said...

congrats love <3

Yen said...

CONGRATULATIONS <3 your ring is GORGEOUS! Do you know what colour/clarity the stone is? It looks amazing...

All the best to your mummy <3 <3 <3

And let the planning begin huh? :D

joygeng said...

Awww such a sweet proposal! Congratulations to you both on the engagement! ^^

missmicchan said...

Awww...that's such a cute story! Congrats on the engagement :) You two look so happy!!! now comes the planning...lol

Jess said...

Too cute! Congrats, once again! xox

s w a n i said...

congrats on the engagement! i've been following ur blog for a while and have been waiting for your boy to pop the question sometime soon :) you both look gorgeous together :)

by the way..do u always speak french? or english?

Ivie said...

Oh my gosh congratulations! Your ring is beautiful! Congrats again! Looks like you can't be married to your blog anymore :C

Dina (XYYan) said...

Congrats! That's really a sweet story :) The ring is gorgeous!

Misa said...

Aww, congratulations again Queenie! Thank you for sharing such a sweet story! Hehe proposing in French, how romantic/cute. The ring is goregeous. Wishing all the best for you guys!!!! <3

bubbleness said...

awww, this post made me go *squeal* for you! (well an inner one since im at work). and thanks for sharing the proposal story! those close-up pics of your ring are gorgeous!

congrats hun!

Linda said...

aww congrats! that's so precious!

Karen said...

Congrats on the proposal! :D

Carolity said...

WOW! Congrats! Thanks for the post, I really wondered how he asked :) You two are such a cute couple and your wedding will be amazing
! Better have an entry on that too hehe :P

kalai said...

aww tooo cute!! your sweet smile says it all!! such a sweet proposal~ congrats to you both~ xx

kalai said...

.. in french too~~ ^^ all the more romantic~~ xx

pfefi said...

AWWWYAY!!! n_n

kitty said...

CONGRATS on the engagement!! beautiful ring!!

Jimin said...

ahhhhhh what a cute story! and loved ones to take pictures of the entire thing... your smile really gives it away :)

how long were you two together? you seem like you've been in love forever :)

<3jimin

maddy said...

Aw that's a sweet story! Thanks for telling us =]

ManEater said...

Awww omigawd! So sooper sweet!!! And he asked you in French?! You can't ever go wrong with French. LOL Congrats!

Natalie Nguyen said...

Congratulations Queenie!! You look sooo happy! That is one beautiful rock. You and your bf look amazing together ^^. You should smile bigger more often like this. No hiding a beautiful smile! =D

Anonymous said...

Heyy, I've been reading your blog for some time now but i couldn't help but comment this time, congratulation!!! you two look really happy together =).

Anonymous said...

congrats! The ring is absolutely beautiful! Where is it from?

Pirlanta kutusu said...

I'm so happy for both of you, congrats! even the proposal is like a fairy tail, i cant wait to see the wedding!

Swtess said...

Aaaw congratulations Queenie. Its nice that he didn't go over the top with cheesiness and just the fact that it was asked in french is love.

Anonymous said...

Felicitation! :)

Aggz said...

congratulations! best wishes to you both :)

SwatchCrazee said...

awww super romantic! congratulations! really happy for both of u!