March 30, 2010

Lost & Found

Me & Cigars
just kidding..hehe scared you didn't I? i pretended it was a cigar just for the pic, but its actually just a cookie muahahah thanks to Maya for the picture, she saw me eat it and wanted to snap a pic. =]


as you all know, i have recently switched to a different company. i told myself i had to get a new bag that was more work appropriate & mature, but most importantly, one that doesn't scream DESIGNER!!! well, i wanted to pay no more than 200-300$ for one thats made with real leather, preferably a convertible one with handles + long strap to carry on the shoulder or cross body. the search was long and tedious, with no real results and nothing but disappointment. its much harder than i thought. Zara carries a few nice ones, but the ones i liked were not in real leather. =( i skipped Longchamp's Pliage because of the floppy body & Juicy because of the cheese factor on their bags. the one i truly want is the Marc by Marc Jacobs Ukita bag, but i dont want the price it came with. 600$+(CAD) for a work bag is way too much in my opinion. so after a few weeks, i got tired and kind of left it at that...

last week, when i was digging in my closet, i found this beauty here:
it was just hanging out with my shoe boxes on my top shelf! isn't it beautiful? my uncle gave it to me when i was younger, so i guess i can call it vintage right? its croc embossed patent leather-kinda material, inside is a very stiff velour. the gold hardware is all scratched. i believe it might've been from the 80's, but who knows? there's no label, brand or anything inside...so mysterious, me likey!! hehehe i'm so glad i found it, its stylish and its FREE hehehe simple style and very work appropriate, niceee. check out the pix:




WHAT'S IN YOUR [WORK] BAG?
wallet - agenda - glasses - cellphone - eyedrops - gaz money [lol]



last week, i also received a little something from France =] i bought Limited Edition badges from one of my favorite Fashion Illustrator: Angeline Melin! =]

love the packaging! i had requested her package #8 because its my favorite number [out of a total of 35 packages]

the badges are really adorable!!
i have a small collection of these pins/badges, will take a pic someday.. they are so useless yet so cute and fun!


Last Picture
my boyfriend picked up my DSLR and started to just snap around my room..this picture was the only good one out of the 20something bunch...hehe


Miss Queenie xox

5 comments:

sunniipinky said...

Super cute. I just love finding those "vintage" things in the backs of closets and all that. xD

The picture your boyfriend snapped looks really artsy, haha, intentional or not.

I hope everything's going well with your new job. :)

Iyah said...

That bag is really nice!! =) Me likey too! and the 1st pic of you looks oh so sexy!

s w a n i said...

ooo..u just got a dslr too??? i recently picked one up too. still new to it and the shots haven't been anything extraordinary. did u PS the last photo taken by the dslr?? if not, which lens did u use? i love the effect it gives!

missmicchan said...

Awesome find!..I should start rummaging around in my closet, maybe I'll find a gem ;)

Cute pins ^^

*Anita* said...

it's awesome when you rediscover things you didn't remember you had and this is the perfect example!! what a great find! :D

xx