March 24, 2009

Photoshoots + TWILIGHT

friday night, i had an intense craving for L2's strawberry smoothie, so i proposed the idea to my friends. nobody seemed to object (i'd have forced the issue if someone were to refuse anyways, thats how bad the craving was) so thats what we did. when we got there, i saw J, a friend of mine who studied fashion design with me at LaSalle College. it had been quite some time, so i chatted with her a while before joining my friends at our table. the night flew by pretty quickly, we only had time to play cards and a little chit chat. we left the place at closing time. 

i thought we were going back to Sim's house for some vedging time, but the guys decided to drop by KL's loft/studio. it didnt bother me at all since i've wanted to visit his studio for a while now but never got the chance to. us girls were getting excited, if KL's in a good mood, maybe we'd get a chance for a quick shoot. it was probably our lucky day, once we arrived, he started setting his lighting and back drop up. by then, the girls were already starting to touch up their makeup. lol! we finally shot until 2am or something. KL's so awesome!!! 

behind the scenes:

getting ready
Iz, So, me & Stef
bb, being his usual casual cool
Sim + KL the photographer
i dont know what Sim was doing honestly...
the shoot hasnt started yet he's already posing (?!?)
KL being all pro...
So with butterfly wings (she LOVES butterflies)
waiting for his turn...or just tired of the girls posing...?
the back hair flip was the hardest challenge for Stef. i think she NG'ed this one for like 40 times or something...i think she finally got it right
another one who's tired of waiting on us girls...poor bb

Next day, after the whole Twilight DVD release case, me & Iz participated in a Casting call for a Mall. we dont expect anything really, we went there for fun. i am 5'1" after all. lol =] i can't believe it, the night before, i had such a hard time striking a pose for KL's camera it was insane! but here, in front of tons of people, i strut and posed as if nothing mattered in the world. yeah i'm weird, i know T_T" was nervous while waiting, but when i got in front of the lens, the crowd disappeared within seconds. anyhow, it was fun while it lasted =]

Iz & her number
me & mine =] i smile, but deep inside, stress tore my stomach apart. haha


Random:
me & bb photoboothing before heading to dinner at Phuoc Ky yesterday night. monday nights are usually Family Dinner Night, but my parents were in Toronto visiting my gramps, so we ate by ourselves. 

Favorite piece of clothing of the moment:
"Being Good" hot pink tee by WildFox Couture 
this is what you see when you look at it...
but once i look in the mirror, i see the other side of the shirt which says: "Being Bad". cool shirt huh??? i love it. its flash pink too!

Twilight Goodies:
saturday morning, my mom drove me to Costco Marche Central to pick up the Collector's DVD Set of Twilight but to my disappointment, they didnt have it. they only had the regular 2dvd version. i was bummed, i wanted the complete kit! so while my mom was doing her shopping, i took her AWD and headed to the nearby Best Buy. there were quite a few cars in their parking lot already (it was about 9:00am) but phewww, no line-up. went in and grabbed my copy of the "Limited Edition DVD & Photo Collection Box Set" (damn that was a long name). honestly, i bought this for the black box & the photo cards only, because i knew Iz was gonna get me my 3 DVDs Edition from HMV. when i went to pay, in front of me stood 2 policemen. was asking myself what they were doing here at this hour and in line to pay to. to my surprise, they bought their TWILIGHT copies just like me. LOL one was middle-aged, so i suppose he got the dvd for his kids & the other one was max 30 years old, maybe he secretly loved Twilight too, hahaha buying the dvd for his girlfriend would make a lot more sense. i was feeling playful, so i talked to them in a joking manner. here's how the convo went:

me: "Ah Ha! what in the world are you guys doing here. (i pointed at their (sexy) uniform) Aren't you guys supposed to be on duty???"

older police: (put a finger to his lips) "shhhhh! don't tell anyone you saw us here!"

younger police: "what are you talking about? we're here, "on duty", making sure there's no shoplifting...so...which version of Twilight did you get?"

me: "oh...i just got the regular dvd version"

younger police: "why didn't you get the BluRay one instead?"

me: "because i dont own a PS3 (bb does, not me) nor a BluRay machine thingy..."

younger police: "oh ok...but the BluRay is so much better"

me: "well, i dont really feel like seeing the actors pores & acne...so yeah"

younger police: "oh well, you're really missing something. anyways, see ya!" *went to pay*

me: *wave* "bye"


i totally didnt expect policemen to be there buying Twilight hahaha. it was quite funny. that little moment totally made my day. =]


 here's my Best Buy set! i'm planning on selling the DVD separately as i already have my 3DVDs edition from HMV. i just wanted the black box with the photo cards. anybody interested? i'll even include the coupon for a free Twilight cellphone skin. (or get 13$ off a skin for your laptop) if interested, please leave me a comment or send me an email. =] by the way, it's pretty much out of stock everywhere. or maybe you dont wanna wait for the release date in your country! teehee

hotness on paper!!! goshhhh Edward Cullen is so drool worthy!
best buy gave me their LAST poster. how lucky am i huh??? =]
it's even bigger than my other posters! yoohoooo!!! but damn, now there's another poster to be framed.
my best buy's edition + my 3dvds edition from HMV. THANKS IZ!!! you're the best! =]
he's oozing with hotness i tell you!
i'm waiting on this now, the "Ultimate Collector's Limited Edition Set". i can't wait!!! but then, i'd have another copy of the Twilight dvd to sell. damn...it's worth it though, for all the stuff that it comes with teehee!!! you can pre-order the dvd from me hahaha! i'll have 2 X 2discs edition of Twilight to sell. all sealed! i have one in hand and the other, i'll have to wait for my "Collector's" set to arrive from the states. let me know if you're interested. =]


since i'm in the "selling" topic...my mom got me this Juicy Couture "Soft Equestrian" handbag a while back. i never ever even touched it. so i'm putting it up for sale on ebay. the item number is: 150334691049. i'll take the money and save it for my next LV, yay! aint it smart? here it is, any takers for this baby? it retailed at 550$ CAD, and i'm letting it go for 280$ CAD. still brand spanking new with the tag still attached.


yup, thats me modeling the bag... hehe

laters readers... xox


2 comments:

reena said...

hey im reena from facebook =D i messaged you on facenook about this but i deactivated my facebook so yeahh hahah
could you please make a list of "must visit" places in montreal" for me?
thnx hon!!!

Miss Queenie said...

reena: arghh no wonder i couldn't send you a msg. i wrote like a super long msg, at the end, i couldnt send you and was so frustrated, i thought my facebook had a problem. anyways...i saved the msg hahaha here;s what i wrote:

montreal

for sure!!! i can even show you around if you want.

downtown malls, which are all connected underground (A MUST):
www.centreeaton.ca
www.placemontrealtrust.shopping.ca
www.promenadescathedrale.com
www.complexelesailes.com
www.lcmr.ca
www.placevillemarie.com

downtown shopping on Ste-Catherine street (between Guy street & Bleury street) is awesome. if you like designer, then Ogilvy (LV store is inside Ogilvy) & Holt Renfrew (canadian equivalent of Saks & Neiman) are a must.

other awesome malls in Montreal are:
www.centrerockland.com
www.fairviewpointeclaire.com
www.lesgaleriesdanjou.ca
www.carrefourlaval.ca

just check out their store directories for what interest you most.

as for museums, Montreal Museum of Fine Arts is the most popular one, (www.mmfa.qc.ca). if you're curious about the history of Montreal, then you should go to Musee Pointe-a-Caliere, www.pacmusee.qc.ca

we have one attraction park thats called La Ronde, www.laronde.com, pretty cool, and it's popular too.

best home made ice cream in town is at Bilboquet, 1311 Bernard street west.

thats all i can think of for now. i'll msg you if something else pops up in my mind.


laters